30 Simple Steps To Do:
- Setup development environment like XAMPP or WAMP from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
- Create a database in phpMyAdmin for the new install.
- Install WordPress from http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress.
- Create theme folder in /xampp/htdocs/WP-installation/wp-content/themes/name-of-your-theme.
- Create style.css, index.php, header.php, sidebar.php and footer.php in “name-of-your-theme” folder.
- Now type localhost/name-of-your-database and start to follow wordpress installation wizard, when finished, Activate your theme from wp-admin/themes and your website of blog should be empty white page. For now…
- Copy-paste the content from original template to these files in step 5. I recommend to use Eclipse for editor you can download from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads.
- Still your website will be white (empty).
- Paste html code from your original template to the index.php and you should see the content. Still rough, but he is there.
- In style.css you need to enter /* Theme Name: ‘ ‘ , Author: ‘ ‘ */
- You need to fix all static image…
View original post 272 more words